Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT v9 flickering background problem???

Copper Contributor

ACT v9 flickering background problem???

My version is: ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162

I have ACT installed on an XP PRO computer and it works fine, but lately I have noticed that the bitmap background (that I made) for in back of the upper fields flickers and seems to move sometimes, AND when it is doing this, if you click on the file menu for instance (the text dropdown menus), that flickers and the background sometimes chops out some of the pulldown menu like it is showing through? My monitor is working fine and it didn't do this for a few months after I installed ACT, now just in the last month or so, it does this...  but not all the time.

Its really is no big deal, just kinda annoying, and I don't have any hardware problems that I know of right now either, anyone out there ever have a problem like this?

Any help. suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

My version is: ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162

Re: ACT v9 flickering background problem???

Try reducing hardware acceleration.

1. Right-click the Windows Desktop, and then click Properties from the shortcut menu. The Display Properties dialog launches.
  2. Under the Settings tab click the Advanced button. The Graphics Controller Properties dialog box appears:

3. Under the Troubleshoot tab, reduce your Hardware Acceleration (if anything other than None). If set to Full drag the slider to the first line (None) or the second line (Basic) from the left.
  4. Click Apply, OK and then OK to close the Display Properties dialog box.

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT v9 flickering background problem???

Thanks for the help David, I appreciate it! I am going to try that right now. I will follow up with the outcome.