Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! v9 - Background image with fields over it, instead of under it?

Copper Contributor

ACT! v9 - Background image with fields over it, instead of under it?

I am trying to create a new report template for ACT! v9 for my company, it would make it really easy if I could use a full page image file as the background and then place the fields over that (the image file is a form, that would then print out filled out and ready to go).

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this where you can see the fields, I tried and can place the background image on the template page and can even place the fields, the problem is that once you drop a field on top of the background image, it is then behind the image. It still prints, but you can't see the fields to be able to make minor placement adjustments.

The other thing is getting the image file to the right dimentions to print correctly. I think if I play around with that, it can be done.

thanks for any help I can get with this!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! v9 - Background image with fields over it, instead of under it?

I just submitted a bug report on this problem. There is a problem with the Move to Front/Move to Back property being rendered correct when the report is run. To a limited degree I have been able to work around the problem by directly editing the template XML code.

One tip for what you are trying to do. Create the template except for the background first and then when everything is working correct, create the background and move it to the back. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! v9 - Background image with fields over it, instead of under it?

Do you know if there is a patch for this, or is the XML work around you did possible for someone else (that is pretty good with things like this) to handle?