Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT v21 pro version string portion was too short or too long

ACT v21 pro version string portion was too short or too long

So I only just upgraded to ACT 20, and now I have to install ACT v21.  Well no biggie I have just done this a couple weeks ago.  Ok, so I uninstall the old version of ACT install the new version, follow the licensing prompts, but now I can't launch the program.  Every time I open Act! v21 Pro I get an error message "version string portion was too short or too long"  

Since I was updating on the server first now no one can access the ACT database.

Anyone seen this before?  I tried following the information I found earlier about deleting the registry keys pertaining to versioning of .net framework but to no avail.

Re: ACT v21 pro version string portion was too short or too long

string error.png

I am running a 2012 R2 Server

I have SQL 2008 running

I ran the .net framework 4.7.2 installer after installing my newest version of ACT

I used first a standard uninstall and reinstall, and then a revo uninstall and then reinstall both failed to fix the installation.

Every time I get done with the install I launch the program and I get the same error.

I have tried doing this upgrade to multiple machines and each one gives the same error. 

Any help would be appreciated

I got same message after upgrade from V19.1 to V20 as requested by ID 39213 in Knowledge Database.

So interested for suggestions

Copper Super Contributor

You will need to contact Act! Support to have your license key fixed. Afterwards, delete -- irritum -- QlmProductProperties -- RegistrationData -- tempus from the folder "C:\ProgramData\Act\ActData” (some of these files might be missing, but you should definitely have the Qlm... file) That should solve it.
Kind Regards,
Thomas
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Consulting and Development for CRM-Software

Upgrading from: Act! Pro Version 19.2.146.0, Update 4

to: Act! Version 21

Running Windows 7

Installation completes successfully but I receive the "version string portion too short or too long error" when I try to run the program..

Can someone try this?  I have my customer rolled back to v20 until such time that I know this is resolved.  Thanks!

Nickel Contributor

Would be interested to see an official response on this, but my own inclination would be to first try running a Repair on the latest installed version of .Net from Control Panel|Programs|Programs and Features. 

Mark Rogers
Act! v20 Update 9, Topline Designer
Office 365 SBP
Copper Super Contributor

What I posted was the solution given to us by ACC support. Try it, it should indeed work.
Kind Regards,
Thomas
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Consulting and Development for CRM-Software
Highlighted

Thomas, thanks for your post. 

I receive the error message before I am asked for my v. 21 license number. It pops up right after I click to launch the program. I am holding for ACT! support anyway, to see what else they might be able to suggest.