Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

ACT v20 and Outlook history not recording in ACT

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT v20 and Outlook history not recording in ACT

Thank you Jon.
I have tried everything, so will need 20.1

Keystroke Act4Outlook seems to work great. So at this point it solves the problem without v20.1
Once I buy it, I will likely stick with it.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

midcapacb - I tried Keystroke Act4Outlook, works perfectly in every way except that you won't be able to see a history of unattached emails. You have to remember to add every new contact to Act before replying, otherwise you will have to go into the sent emails and attach them manually. We have a lot of email communication with prospective customers and found that without some form of sent email monitoring, it wasn't going to work for us, but you might have different requirements. If only it had the ActHistory function, I'd move to it in a flash.
Copper Contributor

It seems to be working well for us. Not positive when it records to history. We are OK with the sent email features. Incoming still needs to be attached. But I believe this is also true with the ACT features.
ps: I'm still looking for a way to create an ACT contact from an Outlook v-card. The add to contact feature seems only to pick up the name and email. Am I doing something wrong?
Platinum Elite Contributor

You might also have a look at 123Sync - incoming and outgoing as well as being able to set categories for the emails in Outlook that it attached (or not).

The only issue is that it has so much functionality that it's usually best to get a consultant to help setting it up

I downloaed the latest patch today and still no accurate syncing with ACT! v20.1 (patch 3) and Outlook 2016. Only ~1100 of my 1233 contacts sync and now only the names are being transferred and not the phone numbers nor addresses.I don't necessarily need this data in Outlook but instead am using Outlook as a conduit to get all of this information onto my Galaxy S7 via Smart Switch.  Now, I can never delete any contacts off of my phone with the hopes that the data will reappear when synced because it is lost in translation. Up until late last year everything was working perfectly.

Hi, is there anyone from Swiftpage that can help with this? After I sync ACT and Outlook, I then sync Outlook with my cell phone. I need to have address data carried over and this seems to have disappeared in v20.1. Thank you

P.S. I am attaching how the contact appears in Outlook without the address.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi jimpaladino,

You could use the free Act! Companion as detailed in...

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38525

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org