Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT v18 sync to Google Contacts (partial)

ACT v18 sync to Google Contacts (partial)

Only 30 of 155 contacts will sync from ACT v18 to Google contacts. Help. Driving me nuts. Calendar is fine. Just need all contacts to transfer to Google.

Have performed a reset by deleting metadata in roam section/act folder. Using Win10home. 

Administrator

Re: ACT v18 sync to Google Contacts (partial)

Hi dcheekact,

In the Google Integration Preferences, under the Synchronize Contacts tab, ensure that All Contacts is selected to sync.

In this same window, what is the total number of contacts that is shown under the contacts selector box?
Do you have existing contacts in Google, or are you populating Google Contacts only with Act! contacts?

Thank you for the reply.

All contacts are selected to sync. 

When I first attempted, 155 contacts were visible in the contacts selector box. Now, zero is there.

I am trying to populate Google with my ACT! contacts.

Administrator

The total number of contacts to sync shown under the selector box should always show the number of contacts, and never 0.

Check at the top of the google Integration Preferences window to make sure the database that is selected is the correct database containing your contacts. Try clicking change and selecting the database again.

Check the total number of contact you have in Google by going to https://contacts.google.com and checking the number in parentheses next to the Contacts button at the top of the left sidebar.

I deselected and reselected the current database. Still, shows zero.

Checking Google contacts still, shows only 30 contacts. Additionally, I resynced database. 

Administrator

How many contacts do you have in this database?

Please check in the Google Integration Preferences window again, and select Define Sync Sets, then click the "All Contacts" sync set, and click Edit Sync Set, then ensure that "All current and future users of this database" is selected, click Next and ensure "Synchronize all available contacts" is selected. What is the total number of available contacts listed on this step in the window? This should be the same as the total number of contacts in your database.

I have only 155 contacts in database.

I followed your steps and there are 155 contacts listed in the Sync all.

But still zero in the Total number of Act! contacts to synchronize: 0

Administrator

Please double check that the checkbox next to All Contacts is checked, like is shown in this screenshot:

Act!_2017-06-08_17-55-18.png

If this is checked, and the contacts total is still 0, then try creating a new sync set and selecting all users and all contacts again.

Does the total also show as 0 in the Outlook Integration Preferences window, under the Synchronize Contacts tab when selecting all contact from the same selector box?

Thanks for posting the screen shot. I am missing the box to check next to the sync sets. 

Ugh!

Administrator

No worries. Let us know if this allows all your contacts to successfully sync into Google.