Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT v 18 Email "Merging Records" Crashing with Outlook 2010

ACT v 18 Email "Merging Records" Crashing with Outlook 2010

Am running Act! Pro Version 18.2.53.0, Update 6

This is running on a Windows 10 PC and I have Outlook 2010 (V14.0.7214.5000 - 32bit) running on the computer.

I am trying to do am email merge from ACT - this has been set up on this machine for some months and was working previously. I am not aware of making any changes to the PC since the last time I ran this successfully.

today - when I try and run the mail merge - the wizard runs as nomal and when you get to the end and press Finish it pops up the progrss bar with "Merging Records" on it as usual.

The progress bar appears (no progress actually reported) and seems to pause for a moment - then ACT simply closes.

No messages actually get transferred to Outlook.

Tried a few suggestions from posts on here:

Applied to the latest updarte patch to ACT (update 6) - made no difference

Tried running a Write Email Message (from Template) to one contact - no difference ACT crashes after the "Merging Records" bar appears

Tried running the simple Write Email Message option - that seemed to work - a blank email message appeared in Outlook with the email address of the contact in it.

Tried running the Write Email Message (from Template) again after this success - but no - it is not having it and ACT crashes in the same place again.

Bit stumped as to what to try next - wondered if anyone might have any ideas...?

Many thanks

Highlighted

Re: ACT v 18 Email "Merging Records" Crashing with Outlook 2010

A further update here

Tried running ACT as an Administrator in Windows.

This time when I email a contact from a template  - the Merging Records progress bar does successfully proceed to the end.

However I then immediately get a message box appear which says

ACT!

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I admit I have no real idea what that means - but I suspect it is not good news...

Nickel Contributor

try to run Act! and Outlook as Administrator

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38198

I see where you are coming from....

Unfortunately no dice.

Tested both Outlook and ACT in Admin mode - and it crashes out as exactly the same point i am afraid...