Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT upgrade and new computers

Tuned Listener

ACT upgrade and new computers

Hello,

My computer's hard drive hosts the main database and is running ACT2006.  I have remote users that sync to the database.  We purchased an upgrade to ACT2012 and new computers for the remote users since their old ones were not compatible with ACT2012.  I will also be getting a new computer.  I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to move the host database from my hard drive to the network server. 

I'm assuming once I get everything going on my new computer and load ACT on the new laptops, I can just send them a new remote database. 

Thanks,

Amy

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT upgrade and new computers

There is a KB article on moving the Publisher database (the host or server database) while maintaining sync...

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19817

Once you move your database to the server, you would not need to send everyon new remote files as this process avoids just that.

If you are going to now be a remote, then you would create your machine a new remote and install it.

Should be pretty straight forward following the article.

Tuned Listener

Re: ACT upgrade and new computers

[ Edited ]

I first copied the files to an external disk drive to be safe.  I also then tried to copy and paste the files from my hard drive to my folder on the server.  I am trying to open the database but I'm getting the following message:

ADF files must be on a local drive.  Files mapped or shared drives cannot be used.

What should I do now?

****Or can I just backup the database and restore it once I get my new computer and install ACT2012?

Thanks,

Amy