Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT sync fails after update to SP1 and HotFix 6

Copper Contributor

ACT sync fails after update to SP1 and HotFix 6

ACT 2011 with central database and four remote databases that sync to central db; approx. 22,000 contacts

Yesterday:

• Installed SP1 on server database
  • Opened and converted database
  • Installed HotFix 6 on server database
  • Opened and converted database
  • Repeated above actions on each remote PC/database

• After software update, first sync from remote db crashed
  • Second sync after software update ran to completion

Today

• First sync attempt hung after completing Phase 1 (starting and connecting) and appearing to complete Phase 2 (database modifications)
  • Second sync attempt hung at same point

The results are identical for my PC which connects to the server database via a VPN and a colleague's PC that connects directly across the LAN.

What do we need to do to restore sync capability?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT sync fails after update to SP1 and HotFix 6

[ Edited ]

Hello shelmers,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If you create a new remote database, does the same issue occur? If you have LAN users directly accessing the server database in addition to your remote users, you may need to run the batch file attached to the following KB article on all machines with 2011 SP1 installed:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2829...

No one should be syncing or accessing the main database until the batch file is applied to all machines.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT sync fails after update to SP1 and HotFix 6

Do I still need to apply the fix described in the KB article? I ask because:

1. Two remote db users sync across the LAN on which the primary db resides; the other remote db users sync across a VPN.
  2. The KB article you provided indicates tha t"This issue has been resolved with the latest updates for Sage ACT! 2012 and Sage  ACT! 2011 SP1." We just downloaded SP1 last week so I'm assuming that we have the latest version?

Re your question about creating a new remote database: I did try that on Monday on my own machine and I can now sync. This is problematic, however, because all users had made local changes to their copies of the database before we discovered the sync issue. Consequently,  if we do create remote databases for all users, everyone will need to import or reenter all of their changes into the new db copies.