Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT suddenly not integrating with Word 2000

ACT suddenly not integrating with Word 2000

Recently, I've just started having a problem with ACT not recognizing Microsoft Word for the purpose of writing and editing templates.  In my preferences ACT is set to use Microsoft Word 2000 but when I go into the Write tab and click to edit a template i get the following message: 

Could not load file or assembly 'Office, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa' or one of its dependencies.  Strong name validation failed.  (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A)

Sometimes Word WILL open, but then I have no ACT tab in Word and no way to edit the ACT fields.

I've tried to reinstall Microsoft.Net and ACT but neither has fixed the problem.  Does anyone have any idea at all how I can sync them back up again? Thanks!

Using Act 10.02 For Financial Professionals
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT suddenly not integrating with Word 2000

What version of the ACT! program are you using?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

I am using ACT for Financial Professionals (9.0 I believe)

Shoot, I just realized that I installed the update to 9.0.1 from the ACT website and then read that not only should I not do this unless I plan on updating it on every computer in our office so they all communicate properly, but that also, with this version, Word integration with ACT is no longer available.  I didn't mean to actually CHANGE the version on ACT I was using, I thought it was just a regular old update which might actually HELP me with the Word integration problem I was already having.  Can you please tell me how to get back to my original version?  9.0  thanks  ):
Nickel Contributor

you'll have to uninstall it on your machine completely andthen reinstall 9.0.  As for getting the database back? hopefully it is saved on anther machine and yours wasn't hosting the main copy of the database. You can create a backup on one of the other machines and perform a restore as on your machine.

if you were hosting the database, im not sure what can be done. somene else will chime in im sure

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Platinum Elite Contributor

Try applying Hotfix 3 as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5z6j5t

It fixes some of the Office links

[ Edited ]

Mike, the hotfix isn't compatible with ACT! for Financial.  Do NOT install the hotfix.

lgalantis, I will e-mail you a new Office.dll along with a batch file that will install it for you. Copy Office.dll to to the location where you've installed ACT! (default: C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows)

----

Incase anyone was wonder what the bat file did:

C:
cd C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows
gacutil /u Office.dll
gacutil /i Office.dll
regasm Office.dll

Message Edited by DLunceford on 07-10-2008 10:02 AM

Thanks for the info... we don't have Financials here, so I can be excused for not knowing that :-)

dlunceford - I too am having the same issue as lgalantis except I have Microsoft Office XP with SP3.  I can get Word to open on the second time I try it but the first time I always get an error stating the following.

Could not load file or assembly 'Office, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa' or one of its dependencies.  Strong name validation failed.  (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A)

I am using Act for Financial Professionals 2007.  Is there any way I can get that different Office.DLL file to try?

Thanks,

Bryan

That is likely a problem with XP, the registry or Word itself. I am experiencing the same problem when I launch Word from an email attachment or from a saved DOC file.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129