Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT slowed down on some computers since last week

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT slowed down on some computers since last week

Hello:
We are using ACT! by Sage 2006 Version 8.0.2.82 with a multi-user setup.  We have 7 computers accessing one database (which is maintained on a server).  4 computers have become terribly slow since last week.  Opening the calendar, adding a task, clearing an activity can now take up to 2 minutes and those 4 computers frequently see a "loading ..." box.  The other 3 computers, fine.  I did re-install ACT on one of the slow

I have fixed the database, re-indexed it, and rebuilt it, doing all this through act8diag, it did not seem to help.  The key is everything works, nobody is getting kicked off, activities update, it is just so slow?
Appreciate any input

Teresa

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bonddevick
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Solved Re: ACT slowed down on some computers since last week

Thanks, will try but with 34000 cleared activiites, I was only trying to delete 200.

Also we had an ACT consultant out today and discovered the root of our original problem.  This older version of ACT does not seem to work well with Windows Service Pack 3.  Sure enought the 4 computers we had running service pack 3 were the problem computers.  So we uninstalled service pack 3 and the performance has returned to normal.

Thanks

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: ACT slowed down on some computers since last week

It could be an issue with large amounts of activities.  Try opening the local demo database on one of the workstations.  If you do not experience the issue, then that assumption is correct.  You can try using filters or removing old cleared activities.
Copper Contributor

Thank you, I tried filters, did not help.  Then I began to realize that cleared activities are sitting out there. In trying to remove cleared activities, of which I have just learned we have 10s of thousands, I get an error:

DELETE Statement conflicted COLUMN SAME TABLE REFERENCE constraint 'ACTIVITY_RESOURCEACTIVITYID_FK'. The conflict occurred in database 'clients' (this is our database), table 'TBL_Activity', column 'RESOURCEACTIVITYID'. Database purge error occurred with CLEAREDACTIVITIES-DELETE RECURRING TBL_ACTIVITY The statement has been terminated.

Again I have run all the fixes through act8diag so I am stuck.  Any thoughts?

Try removing cleared activities in smaller batches.
Solution
Accepted by topic author bonddevick
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Solved Re: ACT slowed down on some computers since last week

Thanks, will try but with 34000 cleared activiites, I was only trying to delete 200.

Also we had an ACT consultant out today and discovered the root of our original problem.  This older version of ACT does not seem to work well with Windows Service Pack 3.  Sure enought the 4 computers we had running service pack 3 were the problem computers.  So we uninstalled service pack 3 and the performance has returned to normal.

Thanks