Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT shuts down when Crystal report is launched

ACT shuts down when Crystal report is launched

I'm new to the community and desperate for help.  Does anyone know why I might be getting an ACT shut down error* when I try to generate a Crystal Clear Essentials "History" report?  I'm able to select the report, enter my parameters (which include Cleared Call Result options like Call Completed, etc) and then when I hit OK, I get the below error consistently and my ACT shuts down.  

I'm the administrator for our database and therefore can see all records.  The odd thing is, if I log in as another user (Manager level) and consequently only see their records, I can run the report just fine - no error.  

I would SO appreciate any help!

* "Sage ACT! has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.  If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.  [CLOSE] "

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT shuts down when Crystal report is launched

If you are using ACT on Vista or windows 7 you might try right click and "run as administrator" as it might simply be a permissions issue

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.