Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT.scheduler.ui.exe Wants To Make Changes To This Computer - Every New Start

Bronze Contributor

ACT.scheduler.ui.exe Wants To Make Changes To This Computer - Every New Start

I've noticed recently that every day when I start ACT that I get the Windows message, "Act.scheduler.ui.exe wants to make changes to this computer"

I respond with OK, but I'm wondering why this is happening.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT.scheduler.ui.exe Wants To Make Changes To This Computer - Every New Start

This was a change made in 2013 SP1 to elevate the access of the Scheduler, so the warning is from UAC. You can to the Act.scheduler.ui.exe file in the ACT! program files, and in the Properties set it to run as admninistrator (for all users). But, you may have to just disable UAC.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT.scheduler.ui.exe Wants To Make Changes To This Computer - Every New Start

You can to the Act.scheduler.ui.exe file in the ACT! program files, and in the Properties set it to run as admninistrator (for all users). But, you may have to just disable UAC.

I think a word was missing at the underlined section.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

Sorry - that should be "you can go to"

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.