Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT painfully slow to respond after login and switching between contact and group

ACT painfully slow to respond after login and switching between contact and group

I'm looking for insight. My installatin of ACT! v16 is painfully slow on login and when moving about the application where there is any data (groups and contacts). I have uninstalled/reinstalled, removed av scans of the db and app and am at a loss.

anyone seen this or have any fixes.

thanks

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT painfully slow to respond after login and switching between contact and group

What is the spec of your computer? I have a pretty fast new computer running Windows 8.1. (Core i5 4.5Ghz 8Gb ram +ssd) My feeling is V16 needs quite a bit of grunt to work quickly.

Cecil

Re: ACT painfully slow to respond after login and switching between contact and group

i7, 1TB HD, 16G RAM

should be more than enough. . . everything else screams.

oh, and the drive is an SSD

Copper Contributor

Hi found this thread.

http://community.act.com/t5/Act/Extremely-Slow/m-p/238099/highlight/true#M65426

Might be worth running Actdiag as per instructions above.

Cecil

OH, I was so hopeful. but it did not help Smiley Sad

any other words of wisdom, I'll try anything.

thanks