Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT opening in wrong size occasionally

ACT opening in wrong size occasionally

Hello, I have. I have a 2 monitor system with my laptop eg Laptop and separate monitor which gives me 2 screens to work with. When I open ACT sometimes it seems to open the program in a compressed screen, whether I am in dual screens or just the laptop screen. I have attached a print screen of the issue and would appreciate if you were able to shed some light on it please. My database is on my local machine Act! Pro Version 17.2.217.0, Hot Fix 2 Windows 10 Pro 64bit operating system x64bit based processor Computer:- Toshiba Portege R30 -A i7
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT opening in wrong size occasionally

I suggest you upgrade your version to the new version PRO V20.1 to improve the aspects of compatibility with Windows 10

Another trick when a window wont maximize is to right click it on the task bar and do Restore rather than Maximize (sometimes that works)

1.jpg

Another suggestion

You still get the icon for the app down in your taskbar, yes? If so, select the icon for the app and hit ⎇ alt+space and then M. That'll select Move for that window. Now use your keyboard arrow to move the window in the proper direction to the active monitor.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A similar  problem on Windows 7 and the following solution worked

- Press SHIFT+CTRL

- Right Click on the Program showing up in the taskbar.

- Select the "Move" Window option

- Use the keyboard (Left Arrow/Right Arrow)  <-/ -> keys to move the window to the center of the screen.

- Try holding down the left arrow key  for a while to see the Window outline. Try moving right/up/down if the window outline is still not visible.

- Hit enter when you can see the Window outline  move  to the center of the screen.

It appears that the desktop extends beyond the Screen Display and the program window seems hidden. Moving the Window either to the Left / Right / Top/ Bottom of the screen helps.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Best regards,

FIRMA.png

Re: ACT opening in wrong size occasionally

Hello, I have tried everything to fix the problem below and the last Community advice has not resolved the issue. I am wondering if windows 10 may have rectified this issue but have not seen any information on the solution. Let me expand the problem. When I open ACT on my separate monitor it opens perfectly as per the second screen shot. When I disconnect my laptop from the monitor and start it up by itself it removes the top off the text as per the top screen shot. I am not able to update to a newer version of ACT as there are other computers on this version so that will not work if only one is updated. We are a small business and cannot afford to upgrade all the licences. I am thinking it may have something to do with the screen resolution as when I open act on the laptop the opening logo opens for a split second at the right size and then drops back to about 75% of its size, and also changes location to the left, which removes the tops of the text as you can see from the example. I would appreciate if you have other suggestions I am happy to call to discuss the issue further as I have International calls as pert of my data allowance Kind regards Doug Smith +61 408 006 538 ACT opening in wrong size occasionally Options ‎08-16-2018 03:57 PM Hello, I have. I have a 2 monitor system with my laptop eg Laptop and separate monitor which gives me 2 screens to work with. When I open ACT sometimes it seems to open the program in a compressed screen, whether I am in dual screens or just the laptop screen. I have attached a print screen of the issue and would appreciate if you were able to shed some light on it please. My database is on my local machine Act! Pro Version 17.2.217.0, Hot Fix 2 Windows 10 Pro 64bit operating system x64bit based processor Computer:- Toshiba Portege R30 -A i7