Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT not responding

ACT not responding

My ACT program does not respond for 4-5 minutes with I try to schedule or clear a call or meeting or to-do or even look up my record.  Anyone have an idea on how to fix this problem?  It started about a month ago and seems to be getting worse 

I have ACT Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0 HF6.  4 Mb and 2.4 GHZ Dual Core Intel processor.

Thank you in advance

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT not responding

Hello Jbl8620,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

How many activities are on your Task List?  Having a large number of activities can cause response issues within the calendar.

Be sure to clear outstanding past activities, and you can use the Tools > Database Maintenance > Remove Old Data option to remove older cleared activities from the calendar/Task List.  Note: Cleared activities create History items, and the History items remain intact even when the cleared activity is removed. 

It is highly recommended to create a backup of the database before peforming mass changes in the database (File > Backup > Database).  You may even want to create a copy of the database to test in, before performing it on your original database.  You can use the File > Save Copy As option to create a duplicate of your database for testing.

Greg Martin
Sage