Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! not responding after sleep/hibernate

ACT! not responding after sleep/hibernate

Hi,

I have a client who never shuts down is laptop, and just lets it go to sleep at night and wakes it up in the morning. But if he leaves ACT! open while its going to sleep, when he wakes it up ACT! doesn't respond and he has to end the task/process to close it and has to re-open it again. ACT! will absolutely not respond in the morning, if he clicks on the taskbar it just won't come up.

any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! not responding after sleep/hibernate

If you wait long enough, it will come up. After a period on inactivity, Windows moved ACT! to the swapfile and it takes time to restore it to RAM.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Elite Contributor

Don't go to sleep   or   Don't leave ACT! open?

Sorry that's all I got.  Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html

Its definitely not a swap file issue, because he's left it for an hour at least waiting for it to restore but it never does. And this was never an issue until a few months ago. All of a sudden it started.

He has ACT! 2007 (I'm pretty sure) and Windows Vista Home Premium. Can anyone shed some light onto why this would all of a sudden occur? Was there an update for Vista's sleep released that screwed everything up?

Thanks for the help