Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT not merging into Word

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

ACT not merging into Word

Hi,

We currently have Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0 & Microsoft version 2010.  On two of our computers we don't have problems merging templates into Word.  Unfortuantely one is having problems and are about a 6hr drive away so I have to talk through the instructions to the operator.

We have checked preferences which match the rest of our computers.  Check & Repair has been done.  They have opened Word to see if working properly and no problems with Word.  I've also sent the adt file again & they have tried one of the standard templates just in case it was our template that had the problem.

What happens is they do the Write / Other Document, select the file.  It opens Word to a blank screen but doesn't open any file, not our file or a blank word document.

We're hoping someone might know what the problem could be and let us know.

Thanks so much!!!!

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author chriso1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: ACT not merging into Word

I have seen this and it's related to another problem.  You don't mentioni if they are synchroinization, and one of the solutions would break sync., so I'll assum you are syncing and not go that route.

A work around on this is that when that blue screen pops up, do a CTR+N to create a new document and leave word open, then try again.

Ultimately it's a permissions issue with ACT and the windows files structure, but the only whay i've found to fix it is ti save a copy remove the original and do a file restore, Restore AS which WOULD BREAK SYNCHRONIATION.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author chriso1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

I have seen this and it's related to another problem.  You don't mentioni if they are synchroinization, and one of the solutions would break sync., so I'll assum you are syncing and not go that route.

A work around on this is that when that blue screen pops up, do a CTR+N to create a new document and leave word open, then try again.

Ultimately it's a permissions issue with ACT and the windows files structure, but the only whay i've found to fix it is ti save a copy remove the original and do a file restore, Restore AS which WOULD BREAK SYNCHRONIATION.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Tuned Listener

Hi Jon

That's great, thanks so much!!!

Regards

Chris

Any updates on this issue? It has started happening on our system.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Tuned Listener

I think I did what Jon suggested, sorry can't remember it was so long ago.  We managed to fix the problem though.

We no longer sync as we have a central server we log into, so don't have this problem any longer.

Sorry I'm not much help.