Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT not integrating with latest Outlook Version

ACT not integrating with latest Outlook Version

We have just installed ACT 2010 on 4 of our machines. We are currently updating the server software and now

installing Outlook 2010. ACT does not appear to be compatible with MS outlook 2010.

Anyone know if this is the case and if so, is there a fix in sight ?

I do not want to drop back to older versions of outlook.

Regards

David

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT not integrating with latest Outlook Version

Historically, ACT! has added support for new versions of Office 60-90 days after the Microsoft Retail Release. The reason for this is that, in the past, Microsoft has sometimes made significant changes to the SDK up until this point.

Currently, the Microsoft Office 2010 Retail Release is scheduled for mid-late June

As ACT! 2011 is due in September, it will remains to be seen if Sage just add it to the new version or if they'll release a patch for the current version

ACT! does not completely support Office and Outlook 2010 right now but there is a workaround to get ACT! to work with Outlook 2010. I called up ACT! the other day and explained my situation and they sent me two files; a preferencesBak.xml and a USpreferences206.xml file.

All I had to do was transfer these into two ACT! folders on my machine and then I was able to use Outlook 2010 just fine with ACT! 2010.

Hope this helps. 

Highlighted

Sage are REAL slack at providing any support here in Australia and my frustration is mounting. The local suppliers (Database partners have also not been responsive and I have been without email ability for a week).

Would you mind sending me the files that Sage sent you so that I can have a go at fixing the issue before I decide you remove the ACT from our network and use MS Dynamic Contact instead.

Mike,

I also have the same issue. I may have over looked, but can you provide me with the actal files themselves?

Thank you,

Victor

Hello Victor,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. The preferences file is attached to Knowledgebase Article 26713. Be sure to carefully follow the instructions in the article.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you..

jvm

Nope, that did not work.

Followed instrcutions and copied the aupreferences file into the preferences folder as shown and started ACT 2010.

The setup wizard was displayed first. I set preferences as required but in Email settings TAB there was no option for Outlook, it was blank.

Operating system is Windows 7

Running office 2010

ACT version 2010 (12.1.181)