Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT mailmerge v23 crashes after 70 emails

ACT mailmerge v23 crashes after 70 emails

Been having a problem sending emails via mailmerge-after about 70 or so the program crashes.  If I try to send 300 at once it completely crashes and no emails make it to the Outlook outbox.

Anyone know a fix for this?  I've done fresh installs of both Windows and ACT, built new databases.  

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT mailmerge v23 crashes after 70 emails

My standard recommendation is to set Outlook to OFFLINE before starting the merge process from ACT! an switch it back to ONLINE when all emails have been created an can be found in the outbox of Outlook.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Silver Super Contributor

Re: ACT mailmerge v23 crashes after 70 emails

When sending emails this way it is very heavy on resources as ACT creates the emails via Outlook and Outlook gets ready to send them.

Try Andreas suggestion but if that does not work simply use bits size chunks of 50 at a time. More time consuming but effective.

For a client for their  newsletter we created groups of around 50 each using the Company name fist letter as the 2nd search (First being Newsletter box ticked) and this worked well for them as it was a repeat every month, not so easy if it is different criteria every time.