Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT locking up when editing Email Template

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT locking up when editing Email Template

I had a mail merge email template I opened in Word. I think I went into ACT -> Write -> Edit Template and selected the same file. After that it locked up.

I closed Word and there was still a winword.exe process that I killed. After I kill winword.exe i get the error in ACT: The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)

Now ACT works again but if I select any template file to edit i get this error: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

I tried logging off, rebooting, and nothing helps. I am hopingn there is asolution that does not require re-installing.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author topaz99
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT locking up when editing Email Template

Topaz99,
We are glad to hear the issue has been resolved! Thank You for posting the update. And Thank You for the updated information for article 13779 - the service name has been added to the article.
Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

UPDATE: I troubleshooted from this article:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13779

I had default printerinstalled so that wasn't the issue.

Spooler process was not running but in the Adminstrative Tools it was already set to run Automatically. I still re-applied the change and rebooted. After rebooting the spooler process is still not showing in Task Manager but ACT is now working and editing templates in Word.

The article should be updated to include splwow64.exe which is the Win7 spooler process which is currently running

Solution
Accepted by topic author topaz99
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Topaz99,
We are glad to hear the issue has been resolved! Thank You for posting the update. And Thank You for the updated information for article 13779 - the service name has been added to the article.
Greg Martin
Sage