Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT link and Office/Outlook 2013

ACT link and Office/Outlook 2013

Running ACT 2013 Premium

Windows 7 (refuse to use Win 8)

Currently using Office 2003

Planning on updating Office/Outlook, does anyone know if ACT link for Outlook works with Office 2013?

Re: ACT link and Office/Outlook 2013

See the following knowledgebase article on Office compatibility with Act!

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29499

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

Oh this is just perfect. 32 bit machines still exist? Work just purchased a new HP laptop for me and now ACT! is completely useless when it comes to email. Nice work guys, this is a huge problem and you need to have a patch or some fix for this....

Elise, thanks.  I'm not at all certain what:

2003, 2007, 2010 (32-bit only)

means in reference to Outlook.  I'm using a 64 bit machine now with ACT 2013 Premium and Outlook 2003 now.  I'm planning on upgrading to Outlook 2010 for the better integration with the Gmail server my company uses.  I don't recall any issues surrounding 32 or 64 bit during initial install.  Can you explain further?

AJ,\

I've asked for clarification on this.  I'm using Act 2013 Premium and Outlook 2003 without problem now.

I just had a work pc computer blow up. I was using Act 2012 and office 2010. Now that I have a new pc, (still have windows 7) but a 64bit machine, ACT won't work with office 2013. Since my machine is a 64 bit, I was sold a 64 bit version of office. Now ACT is somewhat useless for me. Its a sweet database to look at but I can't even send an email to a group now. It's a joke of a problem. Were they just to assume that 64bit machine users would know to purchase a 32 bit based solely on the fact that ACT may or may not work??? unreal.
Platinum Elite Contributor

So far as I know Office includes both the 64- and 32-bit install versions. However Office 2013 would be a problem with ACT! 2012.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy,

I've ordered Office 2010, which I understand works with ACT 2013, are you saying that I need to install Office as 32 bit program?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Yes. Microsoft actually recommends the 32-bit version. The exception is for very large and complex Excel spreadsheets. Microsoft doesn't provide full connectivity for outside applications to the 64-bit version.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks, I will so install if able.