Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT isn't integrating with Outlook 2013

Copper Contributor

ACT isn't integrating with Outlook 2013

I am using ACT 16.1.207.0. Hot fix 2.  I recently upgraded to Office 2013 and Outlook for my email.  Since that upgrade ACT is not reliably able to send emails through Outlook.  I have done a "repair" on Office 2013 with no change.

With a record selected, I select an email message template in ACT and the progress bar appears, which says "Merging records", but it does nothing.   Sometimes the 2nd time I repeat the command, it works.  At other times, repeating the command does nothing and there is no solution but to exit ACT and Outlook and restart both.

Also, when I try to exit this version of ACT after having attempted such an email, I get the message "There are open documents. Do you want to save your changes?"  There are, in fact, no open documents.  If I select "Yes", I get a very long complicated error message from ACT, captured below in a screenshot. To exit the program I must answer "No".

Screenshots of the error messages.

ACT.jpg

ACT 2.jpg

This is seriously affecting my work.  Please help.

Paul

Silver Super Contributor

Re: ACT isn't integrating with Outlook 2013

I suspect that you used the Click to Install feature for Office 2013.  If that's the case fixing the integration between Act! and Outlook is a pretty complex process involving registry edits, etc.  You're probably going to need to call Act! Customer Support or work with an Act! Certified Consultant to get it working again.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Stan - I have MSO Click to Run. I've been looking for an online checklist of the regedits to be done. I can't find any. Do you happen to have a link?

Silver Super Contributor

Microsoft has actually created an uninstaller for it.  I don't know if it properly removes the registry keys but it's probably worth a try.  Good luck!  Let us know how it works out.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!