Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! integration to outlook

ACT! integration to outlook

Hi,

ACT! integration to outlook had been working until 2 or 3 days ago.  Not sure what has happened.

I've noticed that the ACT Outlook Addin has not been enabled, But I cannot.  It gives the message of "Can only be connected or disconnected by an administrator".

I am an administrator.  The screen print is attached.  What should I do?  Thanks.

Re: ACT! integration to outlook

Hi, Is there anyone able to help?

Thank you very much in advance!

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Integration to outlook

Hi there

What version of ACT and Office are you running?  And is this on a windows 7 machine?

When you say that you are an administrator, are you talking about an Admin of ACT or local Admin access for your computer?  The error message will be referring to administration privileges on your computer.

My other question would be what antivirus/firewall software do you use?  And has it recently downloaded and installed an auto update?

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au

Hi, thanks for your reply.

ACT 2012.  Outlook 2007.  They run on a Vista Home Premium.  I am the only user both administrator for ACT and to my computer.

As mentioned earlier, it had been working until 2 or 3 days ago.  Don't know what I have done wrong to upset outlook.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello mlk49,
This could be caused by User Account Control in Vista. Instructions to disable this are in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2022...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.