Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT installer has detected an ACT7 instance on this machine. But, it is not able to connect

ACT installer has detected an ACT7 instance on this machine. But, it is not able to connect

A few weeks ago my computer for some reason would not allow me to access my ACT tool even though for 6 months it has done so flawlessly.  We have 5 users and 2 of us use Vista and mine is the only one with a problem.  I have spoken with our Trilogy representative and turned over our computer to their tech team numerous times with no repair except to say it "must be my computer".  I don't doubt that it must be my computer but I cannot keep forking out hundreds of dollars to make it work and wanted to see if anyone had run into something similar and if they can offer any clues.  The re-installation work working fine until I received the message "ACT installer has detected an ACT7 instance on this machine.  But, it is not able to connect to it. In order to connect to this instance please provide the sa password.  I contacted Sage and they offered to assist for $499 annual agreement but I felt this was a bit steep (am I wrong? or is that cheap given that I will likely need more assistance).

Thanks for any guidance.

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT installer has detected an ACT7 instance on this machine. But, it is not able to connect

You can uninstall the Sqlserver 2005 from teh add /remove programs completly and

also uninstall teh dotnet frame work 2 service pack 1 and then reinstall the dont net framework 2

(in act cd  \Dependencies\dotnetfx)  and create the sqlserver instance

use the kb

19386 How to Manually Create the Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2005 (Express Edition) ACT7 Instance

and then reinstall the ACT and use the  sage as password - you will be able to install the ACT

Dont update the Dotnet framework to sp1