Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT installation

ACT installation

I am a computer engineer and have had to reinstall Windows after a Blue Screen Of Death.

My client uses ACT 2010, and I have followed the instructions to Create an SQL Server 2005 instance for ACT and how to install ACT.  This procedure worked fine.

However, never having installed it before today, (I've got a copy of the data from his disk before the BSOD) shall I copy the files and folders from the ACT folder of Documents and Settings (this includes ACT 9, 10, 11, 12 for Windows and everything in them?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT installation

Hello Tommy2k8,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Once Act! has been installed, it will have created the default folders.  The default for a database is: c:\documents and settings\*username*\My Documents\Act\Act for window 12\Databases.  You can copy the database files and place them into this folder.  You will need the following files: '*databasename*.ADF', '*databasename*.ALF', and '*databasename*-database files' folder.  With the files in place, you can open the database using the ADF file (this will recreate the PAD file for later use).

Greg Martin
Sage