Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT in Win 7, failed to sync Calendar and Template

ACT in Win 7, failed to sync Calendar and Template

Hi, I just installed ACT 2010 in Win 7. I have some issues in ACT, need help!

It seems the synchrozition is successful, but the calendar is different with what in Server, and when I click Write--other documents (from template), a lot of template didn't show in the window. I checked the folder, the files in the folder are same as what in Server.

The server is Windows XP, another PC with windows XP works correctly.

Anyone can help fix the issues?

Thanks!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT in Win 7, failed to sync Calendar and Template

Hello zssszspd,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. So are you saying that after you sync a remote database to the server, that not all activities are coming over and not all templates are available? For the calendar, make sure filters are set to All Dates, All Types, and All Users. For the templates, go to Tools > Preferences > Communication tab, and verify your default word processor is MS Word.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks a lot your advice!

The calendar issue just like you said, was because didn't set filter.

The templates issue was because I installed Office 2010 in Win 7. I had to install Office 2003 on that machine to use ACT 2010. Do you know any better option?

Thanks again!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

That would be the best option for ACT! 2010. It support Office 2002, 2003, and 2007. However, If you really need to use Office 2010, then there is an inexpensive third-party add-on that will enable ACT! 2010 to work with Office 2010: http://www.designr1.com/shop/act-word-2010/

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks your help!