Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! has encountered an error when clicking on Calendar in ACT! 2011

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT! has encountered an error when clicking on Calendar in ACT! 2011

Hi,

I'm installing ACT! 2011 for our users in Taiwan. Upon installation, I realize that when i click on Calendar icon, i will get the error "ACT! has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application.". I also realize that i cannot create/display activities.

I have performed the following steps but to no avail:

1. delete preferences (http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

2. change computer font size & DPI settings (http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2104...

3. uninstall & reinstall ACT! 2011

The users are using Win XP English OS but with Chinese traditional multi language pack.

Upon some testing, I realize that if i change the Standards and Formats setting to English in the Regional and Language Options in the Control Panel, instead of the default Chinese (Taiwan), the error is gone. If i revert back to Chinese Traditional, the problem happens again.

This is show stopper for me since the TW users need to use Chinese Traditional regional settings. It seems like ACT! could not use other regional settings apart from English.

How can i solve this? Appreciate some help asap. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jutamind
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! has encountered an error when clicking on Calendar in ACT! 2011

this has been resolved by ACT! 2011 SP1

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jutamind
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM