Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT forgetting link with Outlook

ACT forgetting link with Outlook

I've got Act 2008 v.10 and Outlook 2007.  When setting up ACT I select to use Outlook for my mail program.  After setup the 2 programs seem to work great.  When I click on an email link in the ACT program, it pops up an Outlook email window for me to send an email.

The problem is, when I close ACT, then re-open it(like every day when I go home and come back to work), ACT forgets to use Outlook.  When I click on an email link in my contacts in ACT it opens up the ACT email client, not Outlook like it is supposed to and did just fine before I closed it.

Does anyone know how to make ACT remember to use Outlook? 

Re: ACT forgetting link with Outlook

Try rebuilding your preferences.

1. Close ACT!
  2. Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Name>\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
        For Vista: C:\Users\<User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
  3. Delete the following files if present: preferencesBak.XML, preferencesBak3.xml, preferencesBak6.xml, preferencesBak9.xml
  4. Open the Preferences folder and delete USPreferences206.xml and USPrefrences208.xml.old
  5. Open ACT!

Re: ACT forgetting link with Outlook

I followed your instructions and the next time I opened ACT it seemed to work, but the next day when I opened ACT it tried to launch the ACT email program again.  Any other advice?

Thank you

Rob