Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for financial professionals

Copper Contributor

ACT for financial professionals

I recently updated to ACT for Windows 7... version 12 and have had a few glitches.  Entering a new meeting in the calendar does not always produce an item in the selected time slot in the calendar. Sometimes it does sometimes not. Cannot seem to figure what makes it decide to create the item. Sometimes it just creates an item in the task list at the right of the calendar.

Also, if I select a time, say 2pm for the start time for the meeting and then select the end time to be 3pm, it changes the start time to 2:30... to keep the meeting to 30 minutes??? Then if I fix it and change the time back to 2pm it will leave it alone.

I also had a meeting scheduled for 2pm and for whatever reason it completely disappeared from the list of things to do at the right side of the calendar. There was no entry in the calendar either. So I recreated the meeting and it pooped up with a message to let me know that schedluing the meeting at this time would conflict with one already schweduled. So I accepted and I had two of the same meetings pop up on the task list.

Any help???? THis is really annoying

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT for financial professionals

Scheduling tip: Set the start time and the duration and the end time will automatically set.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT for financial professionals

THanks for your reply!  THat worked and seems to be a work around for the meeting duration. Still not sure why it is that the meeting  event does not show up on the calendar. I double clicked on the time slot within the calendar to create the meeting. But it did not create the event on the calendar so  I tried clicking on the "meeting creation" button instead and the the event was created on the calendar. Hmmmm