Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for Palm Mini Application

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT for Palm Mini Application

I have Act for Sage 2009 v.11 installed. Have been using the mini version of ACT on my Palm Tungsten E2 for several years. After upgrading, I inadvertantly deleted the mini application from my Tungsten. I purchased the ACT upgrade to v.11 and companionlink too. The Act Links for Palm OS was on the upgrade CD and I installed that.

My question: with v. 11 has Act done away with the mini version of this program that installs on your Palm device?  If not, how do you put the mini application back on the palm device?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jrdhooghe
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT for Palm Mini Application

It appears that Act for Palm is still trying to sync - did you not uninstall it?

I'm running 2008 and have tried Actlink for Palm - Act for Palm and Companionlink.  Companionlink is BY FAR the most reliable.

Install CL and give that a go - it will sync to your regular palm pim apps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

it is my understanding that ACT 2009 does not support the ACT Palm software... so the mini application you had on your E2 will not work with the new version of ACT

So that means that 2009 version will dump your contacts into the calendar/contacts application built into the palm software?? I thought I read it the same way as your reply, version 2009 doesn't support the mini app on the palm device. Does this mean that Companion Link is the software to use to get your info to sync to a smartphone/regular PDA? I bought this software with the Act upgrade as well.

Thanks,

John

ACT! Link for Palm OS pushes your ACT contacts and calendar entries to the built in Palm Contact/Calendar list.

ACT! for Palm OS is an actual ACT! application that runs on the palm.  I don't know if it works with 2009 or not.

CompanionLink is a 3rd party product designed to sync your contacts/calendar like ACT! Link for Palm OS..  You would have to contact CompanionLink for more info about this product.

Thanks for the information. This new version 2009 makes sense now because none of my activities were syncing to the mini app so I thought that deleting it and I could reinstall to make it work.

Now that I am syncing to the Palm Tungsten, this is the following sync log that I get every time.

HotSync operation started for Tungsten E on 09/25/08 15:01:13

OK Expense
OK Quick Install
ACT! Contacts Starting 09/25/08 15:01:43.390
Sync terminated unexpectedly. Not all data was sync'd 09/25/08 15:01:52
ACT! Activities Starting 09/25/08 15:02:28.437
Sync terminated unexpectedly. Not all data was sync'd 09/25/08 15:02:35
OK Note Pad
Contacts - sync configured to Do Nothing
OK Documents To Go
OK Tasks
OK Memos
Calendar - sync configured to Do Nothing
OK Media
-- Backing up mmHK_Main to C:\Program Files\Palm\ET\Backup\mmHK_Main.PDB
-- Backing up CitiesDB to C:\Program Files\Palm\ET\Backup\CitiesDB.PDB
-- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\Palm\ET\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
-- Backing up VendorsDB to C:\Program Files\Palm\ET\Backup\VendorsDB.PDB
OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 09/25/08 15:02:50

Do I need to cut down the number of histories or what is being transferred from the PC to the Palm device?

Thanks,

John

Solution
Accepted by topic author jrdhooghe
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

It appears that Act for Palm is still trying to sync - did you not uninstall it?

I'm running 2008 and have tried Actlink for Palm - Act for Palm and Companionlink.  Companionlink is BY FAR the most reliable.

Install CL and give that a go - it will sync to your regular palm pim apps.