Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for Macintosh questions

ACT for Macintosh questions

I'm running an old version of ACT for Macintosh on an old iMAC under system 9. The program doesn't work with System 10. I'm worried that if my iMAC goes south, I will lose all of my ACT data. I have a newer MacBook that supposedly also runs Windows. My computer consultant is suggesting that I get Windows and the latest version of ACT and import my data over to it. Has anyone done this, and/or is it doable?

Lee Lefton 

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT for Macintosh questions

Try This Article

Can try the above link and copy the whole folder containing the .DBF file over to the PC [Use Standard (HFS+/ISO 9660)] method from the above link [Trial and Error method only , no promises] . And use the conversion wizard. You can try it in the demo version of the ACT and let us know if it works. Hope that helped

Thanks. Will do. 

It is maddening that with the MAC getting more and more popular, ACT seems committed to investing nothing in product development.

is there anyone out there that has found a MAC product where I can export my ACT contacts (INCLUDING GROUPS.. this is critical barrier... I have several hundred groups.... am totally dependent on them.... and cant find any way to convert ACT to a MAC.

I'm running it under Windows on my MAC... but it is not a smooth process... 

Platinum Elite Contributor

leonardo wrote:

It is maddening that with the MAC getting more and more popular, ACT seems committed to investing nothing in product development.

A veraion of the ACT! program native to the MAC would have to be built from the ground up as a separate product because the present ACT! program the Microsoft SQL and the.NET Framework.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Currently using ACT on iMac under VMWare, however, not smoothly.  VMWare allows running ACT concurrently with iMac OS.  I.e..  Windows 7 and iMac OS

Avid Listener

Using ACT 2010 under Parallels for one of my users and having no problems.

I have not purchased it yet but have spoken to the company "Marketcircle" about their product "Daylite". They claim to be able to bring ACT data over to their program which is written for the MAC platform. The software is comparably priced ti ACT. I did not want to hassle with the conversion so they do have a flat fee of I think around 200 bucks USD to do it for you. http://www.marketcircle.com/daylite/ I have the .pdf of the procedure - email me at dlanagan@mandalay-ms.com and I will send over a copy