Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for Mac?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT for Mac?

Are we able to run Sage Act! in a VMWare Fusion window? I understand that VMWare Fusion allows you to run windows applications right on the Mac OS without having to partition the drive with Windows 7 etc. unless I've been misinformed.

I'm buying a new iMac tomorrow for my home.  i use Sage Act! at work on a PC.  I'm thinking as long as I can remotely login to my PC from my iMac at home, I should still be able to use Sage Act! correct? In this manner, I wouldn't even have to install it on my home machine - have I missed anything?

Thanks

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Yes, you can run ACT! on a VM or parallel Windows O/S. It will work as long as the environment that ACT! and any apps it integrates with (i.e. MS Office) are both installed in a Windows environment.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

How do I get removed from this thread and stop receiving emails about it?

Highlighted

Click "Topic Options" in the top left of the thread, and select "Unsubscribe"

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted

Will the upcoming web based version of Act! work on a Mac (iphone, ipad) running OS  or will I need to run windows on my Mac to use the web based program?  If it won't work on my Mac is there a good discussion forum for working with Daylite out there? 

Highlighted

I am a business owner and i switched to Mac about 3 years ago.  I was an Act! user for over 20 years and it was Act! that kept me in the Microsquash environment for the last 5 years.  Windows finally became intollerable for me.  Now i use my Mac computer (3 of them in my company, one ipad and 2 iphones) as a tool 10 times more than I did with my PC.  I used to evangelize for Act!, now I evangelize for Mac.  Mac isn't perfect but it works and the Apple store has its excellent One to One service if I do have a problem.  I no longer fear my PC with its viruses, hysterical warning pop ups, and finger pointing by vendors and hardware 'tech support' people when something would not work.  Something was always not working.

Note to Sage....many users of Apple products left Windows on purpose and do not want the virus, and unfriendly user ecosystem that comes with Windows.   I think Sage has it wrong.  Their Mac version of Act! would not have to be an exact replica of Act! for the PC.  Mac Users are used to scaled down versions of software as a trade off for not having to worry about viruses and overly complicated buggy machines.  Start with an 'Act! light' for Mac and build from there.  Students, small businesses and gray haired users need contact management software too.  If you build a scaled down version of Act!, the users will come.  You are one of the reasons that people stay with PC's, you could be part of the reason that people make the switch to Mac.  There is a Windows store right across the parking lot from my local Apple store.....they look awfully lonely over at there.....all of the time.  Microsoft may have PC market dominance (for now) but there are a couple of little devices called Iphone and Ipad that are part of an ecosystem that has market share too and needs a good CRM software package to compliment it.

Will your upcoming cloud based system work in that Mac ecosystem?

Highlighted

Hello soundequitiesinc,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. The web version for ACT! 2013 will work with Firefox for Mac. You can also install a Windows parallel or virtual machine operating system and use the Firefox or IE for Windows. For iPhones and iPads, you can use the Sage ACT! Premium mobile client that comes with the web version.

If you are looking for a Daylite forum, try this: http://forums.marketcircle.com/eve/forums/a/cfrm/f/7720033946

Greig Hollister