Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for MAC Computers

ACT for MAC Computers

I've done so much checking and can't believe there is not a MAC software for Act.

I've used ACT for about 17 years and recommended it to many.

I'm changing to a Mac for lots of reasons including a client that is only using MAC software.

Act is only one of 2 software types that I will have to put in PC mode on my Mac.   (Huge disappointments!!)

YIKES...back to virus scans, spyware, registry scrubbers.... I'm so tired of them all!!!!!!!!!!! 

Am I missing something....has anyone from corporate wandered into any MAC store and checked how many in the store are converting from PCs to MACS?   It seems that people are switching quite regularly and swiftly.  What will it take for Sage to give us a heads up on when we can expect a MAC version of this software......PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

If you are using a MAC in the PC mode, did you partition the harddrive to keep the Mac OS safe?

Which software have you found reliable IF you are using both? Parallels?  VMWare Fusion? Other?

Do you partition and use the "Parallel" type software?

What about emails linked to Act?  I will be using MAC MAIL as I hope to totally transition to the MAC only side as soon as these 2 software  come up with MAC software versions.

If I leave the PC software in the Partitioned harddrive, I loose lots capabilties.

If I use the 2 Operating systems at the same time........it's very slow.

Any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT for MAC Computers

There are some discussions on the different ways to use ACT! on a MAC in the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group -

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=49896

Platinum Elite Contributor

I don't anticipate a native version of the ACT! program for the MAC happening anytime soonif at all. Such a version would be a completely different version of the ACT! program because the present ACT! program is built on the Microsoft .NET Framwork and uses the Microsoft SQL server for the database and both require the Windows operating system. While Apple does provide virtual machine software (Boot Camp) there is better programs available including some that allow you to have both the MAC and Windows operating systems availabe at the same time.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

MaryAnn - Sorry to hear you have the same problem as I do....sounds like many people also share our concern/desire for a Mac compatible ACT program!!!  I use ACT on my Mac thru Parallels and have had nothing but problems. I can run ACT just fine, update, create groups, etc., etc. However,  I am unable to print out an address book (or any other document - even Word docs, for that matter) using Parallels.  If you need to be able to print out reports or address books, labels, etc. don't waste your $$ on Parallels.  I have given up after several years of struggle.  I love the ACT program, but, currently, I have my local Apple store looking into a Mac program that might work similarly to ACT.  

First, you are crazy of you think any of the Apple Store kids will ever find what you really need.  Apple store employees have no real world business experience.  They don't even know about some of the mac programs like Daylight, that sells in their store.  ACT is easy to run on a mac.  Buy VMWare Fushion to run your windows and ACT will be running in the background simultaneously.  The only problem I have found with it is that it won't run my mail program, but every other feature works flawlessly.  And if you set up a share window, all data will seamlessly transfer back and forth between what you have on the mac side and the windows side.
Copper Contributor

I disagree about VMWare Fusion.  Just download the free and higher perfomring VirtualBox from Sun.  

www.virtualbox.org 

Any of the solutions (VMWare Fusion, Apple's Bootcamp, Sun's VirtualBox, Parallels will all require an Intel based Mac.  Unless your Mac is several years old, this won't be an issue) 

I'll check this out.  Hopefully its better.

Thanks for the update. 

Nickel Contributor

Has your Apple store offered a program that works similar to ACT?  I have dmeos of Contactizer for Mac and it's close but doe snot have any reports features. I have also looked at Daylite and the UI is a little strange and they also do not have any reports.

We are on the road to making a company wide switch to Mac....... ACT you are missing the boat ! When we make the change if we go to another program we will not make the change back to ACT when and if it becomes available

testing