Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! for Insurance Professionals

ACT! for Insurance Professionals

Does anyone out there use ACT for their insurance database?  I have a small group insurance brokerage in Texas and am using it to manage my database.  I'm just looking for more customization and as curious what others may be doing.

Re: ACT! for Insurance Professionals

Hey there Insurance Professional, just today an acquiantance asked my advice on matters relating to his policy with Metlife, at 66, he's been insured on Term Life policy for more than 25yrs, and now seem to be losing money - can you recommend something for this guy!
Tuned Listener

I am currently using Act 6 for my insurance clients.  I have modified my layout to help me, but I feel like I am not using Act to it's full capabilities.  I am also looking to upgrade to Act 2008.  I like what I have seen, but I believe that I will need to add some RAM to my system.

I would be interested in seeing how you are using Act.  I basically use mine as a contact info manager.  I don't use any of the sales tracking info as that would take a lot of time to input.

Act4Advisors has an insurance module that is well worth the price.  -  Depending on the type of product you're selling and whether or not others need toshare your database.  I've been using Act.6.0 for years and just upgraded to Act!2008 and Act4Advisors 3.5

We are an employee benefits firm (insurance agency) for mostly group products in NC. We use ACT and have just recently upgraded from 6.0 to 10.0.

We have added customized fields such as medical, dental, life, etc. to be able to put cryptic information at a glance should a client call. We also have added fields for renewal dates.

We REALLY use the history/notes/details for all client calls. This has proven to be very beneficial when someone has issues with claims and/or for us to remember what/how we have advised a client (for possible E&O stuff).
   ** We are very concerned, however, with the upgrade to 10.0 in that it is now possible for two or more people to access the same activity. When this happens, only one person's updates to the activity or details are captured. The other person has no idea that their information is not being stored. THIS SEEMS TO BE A MAJOR PROGRAM FAULT. All previous versions of ACT have never allowed more than one person in the activity, which is definitely the way it should be.

We also use the calendar for meetings, timed calls, reminders, etc.

Hope this helps (and anyone with ANY advice on the multiple users accessing the same activity, please let me know!)

Kim