Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! for Financial Professionals - Laser App Integration

ACT! for Financial Professionals - Laser App Integration

I have a rather obsure issue in the sense that I use an industry version of ACT! and form filling software called Laser App; however I hope that these conditions won't prevent me from procuring a solution.

My office runs LaserApp software along with ACT! for Financial Professionals. The programs seem to work together well - our forms fill out correctly and though mapping was initially problematic, those issues worked out eventually. However there does seem to be one minor setback which slightly impedes office efficiency. For some reason, upon selecting "Launch LaserApp" under Tools while in ACT, an error message pops up stating: 
"Invalid column name: Zip Code 
Parameter name: realName." 
I spoke to someone from LaserApp who was certain the problem lay within the database, which perhaps needed fixing of some sort but did not elaborate as to how I should go about that. 
I have searched both the ACT and LaserApp knowledge bases for a solution but have been unable to find one. Any direction you can offer me would be greatly appreciated. 
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! for Financial Professionals - Laser App Integration

Hello Fafltd,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

I'm not familiar with this particular error, but check for the following:

Does your database contain a field with the exact name 'Zip Code'?  If not, try creating one for Contacts, Companies, and Groups.  It may be that the process is looking for that specific name and not finding it.  This would be done through the Tools > Define Fields option.

Greg Martin
Sage

Contacts and Companies did already contain fields called 'Zip Code.' The Groups field was named 'Zip,' and I changed it to 'Zip Code' but recieved the same error message upon attempting the Launch Laser App button again.

Next I tried changing the newly renamed Group 'Zip Code' field back to 'Zip' and creating an entirely new field named 'Zip Code.' The error message still appears. 

Thanks for your timely response.

ALSO - I'm not sure if this is helpful, but it is bound to be related: when first I open my database, a dialog box pops up that says

"The following fields were not mapped correctly:

Zip Code"

That is helpful to know.  When the message is issued upon launching ACT!, it usually indicates that a field with that exact name does not exist within the database. The 'field audit' function within the Fin Pro version is looking for that field.  It sounds like you have verified that the field does exist - but make sure it is an exact match including upper/lower case characters. 

Was this database converted from another version of ACT!? 

Greg Martin
Sage

The database was converted from another version of ACT - originally it was made in ACT 6 and Financial Professionals is the first update since. 

I have double and tripled checked that the characters used to spell out the field are accurate. 

I would have to assume this will be an issue within this database. You can test by opening the ACT! Demo database or creating a new database.
For your database, try running Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair.
Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for your help. We do Check and Repair on a regular basis, I actually just ran it yesterday. 

I opened the demo database and upon clicking the button was prompted to first configure the database to work with LaserApp - I assume that means the error is specific to our database as you suggest.