Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT email problem

ACT email problem

I'm trying to send email directly from the ACT contact screen but am getting the following error message. It has worked fine until today for some reason. I have, however, just installed some mail merge programs so maybe that is the issue.

"Retreiving the COM class factory for component with CLSID (74BEEFD - AECO - 84AF - 4F61D15F5526) failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT email problem

You didn't say what version of ACT! or which email system...

But, taking a guess, please try this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5w9mre

Mike:

Thanks for the info. I'm using ACT 2009 and Outlook is my email. Again, I was able to send email direct from my ACT contact record until recently, when I downloaded some 3rd party mail merge program which I suspect may have thrown something off. BTW: what mail merge program would you suggest? I need to send bulk emails to clients a couple times a months of 400 - 500 emails each. I'd like something VERY easy since I'm not too technical and don't want to have to learn HTML. Thanks in advance.

Gyani Richards

The link I posted above should have the steps to fix it.

For email merge, probably SwiftPage

Mike:

Thanks, much appreciated.

Mike:

One more quick question. What's the advantage of using a 3rd party mail merge program like Swiftpage over ACT's own version?

• Speed
  • Can send more detailed emails
  • Can send larger volumes
  • Making sure your IP doesn't get blacklisted as a spam sender
  • Ability to track who received the emails, who opened them, who clicked on any links
  • Ability to handle unsubscribes