Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT email crash

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT email crash

I'm using ACT2007 standalone (not hooked to Outlook) on Vista, and if I receive an email in ACTemail and attach it to

a contact, it appears under History with the attachment icon. However, if I double-click on the attachment icon with

ACT2007/email open, I get an error dialog box with the helpful text "Unspecified error". If I do the same thing

but without the email window open, ACT/email starts up, but then grays out and  with the dialog box "ActEmail.exe

has stopped working" and asks whether to debug or close program. Any ideas?

Also, assuming there's a solution for this problem, is it possible to delete the email from ACT/email

but still have it available from clicking on the history icon? Or is that icon just a pointer and the

email must still be available someplace in ACT/email?

Thanks!

deleted? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author paulkinzelman
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT email crash

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author paulkinzelman
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Yes, both fixes worked I tried the first and that worked, and then I tried the 3rd and

it still works, thanks!

And could you please let me know about whether I can't delete the email message

if I want to have it attached to the contact? Is ACT smart enough to keep the email

squirreled away somewhere if I try to delete it?

I'm pretty sure ACT! will store emails that you've attached in the attachments folder... seperate from the email store.

But not sure if it makes a copy of the email or just a shortcut when using Internet Mail.

Easy enough to find out... attach an email to a contact, then delete it from the email store and see if the attachment still works.

You're right, it is easy to find out, but not as easy as asking you if you knew off the top of your head. :-)

I just tried it and it looks like it does the right thing. I attached an email to a contact, then deleted the

email, and then emptied the trash bin so it was really gone, and I could still open the email from the

Contact attachment.

Thanks for your help!