Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT e-mail

ACT e-mail

Some help from a more advanced user please regarding ACT e-mail.  I originally set up the e-mail editor to work through a web based (yahoo biz) system.  The ACT email system worked fine for a couple of hours , but then failed to send any messages.  I have deleted and re-entered the same information regarding pop and stmp coding, but any outgoing messages stay in the outbox and never are delivered.  THe email system also notifies me that it cannot connect to the outgoing server.   Smiley Mad

Please help.  Using ACT keeps me from having to duplicate effort.  If only the e-mail would work properly as well.  Thanks in advance.

Re: ACT e-mail

It might be your outgoing server port. I know with Verizon, if it was a @verizon.net address the outgoing server port was 25, but with our own web based email it had to be 587. I was having similar issues but used the new port # (587) and that did the trick for me. I hope it helps.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Yahoo does allow port 25, but they do also allow 587 if your ISP blocks 25 outside their domain:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallbusiness/bizmail/pop/pop-27.html

rwrundle: what method did you use for ACT! to talk to 587?

We use outlook and have multiple email addresses, but all the emails are written with the ACT email client. I'm sorry - I'm not sure how to access the ports in the act email client set up.
Platinum Elite Contributor