Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! define fields and tables

ACT! define fields and tables

hi 

I've created some new fields in my database, using Define Fields, however these fields have been added to a CUSTOM table, i wanted them (as per the other fields i have created) to be entered into the CONTACTS table.

How is ACT!, or how do I select which Table fields are defined in?

Can i move data/field  from one table to another.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! define fields and tables

I believe you're referring to a spill over table rather than a true custom table. SQL limits the maximum size of a table. When that size is exceeded SQL creates a linked spill over table. The default design of the contact table is close to the limit for an SQL table so the addition of several fields to the contacts table will result in the creation of a spill over table. Removal of fields from the base table would not result in the added fields moving to the base table.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

i'll have to take a look at it as a spillover table......

the issue is that the two tables have a different number of items.... so i cannot search the two different tables and match the fields to the same records... (hopefully that makes sence) 

Bronze Contributor

In reading this, I am interested in how many fields you have that would cause an overflow?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

I have 118 fields in teh CONTACT table.