Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT daily calendar

ACT daily calendar

[ Edited ]

Using ver 11. When opening the daily calendar it opens from june through december. I don't know how to make it show for just this month. Even when I select today from the top selections, it still starts from june and I am unable to see what I need to do for this day. Please help.

I got the daily calendar back but no activities are listed. The only way I can see them is to open the task list. Is there any way I can get my activities to show in the daily calendar?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT daily calendar

The calendar displaying the mini-calendars is an indication of corrupted Sage ACT! preference files.  You didn't mention how you got the calendar view back, but if you have not recreated your Preferences, you will want to.  Once recreated test the daily view.  Here is an article with instructions for rebuilding Preference files (use the Alternate Method: Manually Rebuilding Preferences section): KB Article 14770

If, after rebuilding preferences, you are still unable to view the calendar - try changing 'Select Users' from 'All users' to just your username, or your username to 'All users'.  This may force the screen to refresh.

Greg Martin
Sage

Greg, the two files mentioned opening the appdata file are not there.  So I am at a loss on this. I don't use Outlook  but was able to stop the process before I went to the appdata folder and opened the ACT folder. What is happening is that the daily calendar opens to one or two years ahead, I have to open the mini calendar,click on the double arrow on the left to go back one or two years, then single arrow for the months until I get to February on the main calendar view. That done, all I get are the lines for the particular date I select. When I minimize the screen, then restore to full screen, the activities appear for that day for a brief second and then disappear. That is what is happening. My workaround is to open the dashboard or the task list to see the day's activities. What am I doing wrong here? I have been using ACT in its various iterations since 1994.

Platinum Super Contributor

When you enter %appdata% and then open the ACT folder, do you see the Act for Windows 11 folder?  Within that folder will be a folder 'Preferences' and 4 files named 'preferencesBAK*.xml'.  Rename the Preferences folder and preferencesBak files.  This will need to be done with the Sage ACT! program closed.

Greg Martin
Sage

Yes, I see all those files. Yesterday I was able toi get it straightened out and have the daily calendar working as it should. I used the references in the KB article 14770 you had posted. So far so good. Thank you.