Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! crashing when emailing via Outlook

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! crashing when emailing via Outlook

Hi Gary
No, the mail merge was to a different group of contacts as I tend to mail about 6 months apart. This was a fresh group that I hadn't mail merged too before.
Not too sure if my issue has anything to do with Outlook directly (possibly the integration of Act with Outlook?) as when Act crashes at 25 merges I saw that Outlook didn't sent straight away but rather after approx 30 secs of Act crashing. I could see the send info at the bottom of the Outlook window
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi Sitt1965,

Could you please try doing the following:

1. Download the attached file and extract it
  2. Close Act! and Office applications
  3. Replace the Redemption.dll file in your Act! install directory with the extracted file
  4. Re-register the new file as per my previous instructions
  5. Run Act! and Outlook again
  6. Try performing the mail merge and see if it gets past 25 contacts
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Gary
I followed your instructions but Act still crashes when it reaches 25 out of the 31 contacts that I was running a mail merge too...
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi Sitt1965,

My next suggestion would be to change your Microsoft Office update channel from current to deferred. The current channel installs feature changes as soon as they are released by Microsoft, whereas the deferred channel slows the rate at which these are installed, giving third party addon developers, such as ourselves, time to resolve any issues with integrations that may be caused by the updates. We're currently working on other areas of the Office integration part of Act! as there are a number of known issues around compatibility with the latest versions of Office.

The particular issue you are experiencing is not one that has been reported before, however switching channels would still be a useful step to take in troubleshooting it.

You can find instructions on how to switch channels in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38802