Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT crashing at mail merge

Copper Contributor

ACT crashing at mail merge

ACT v18 desktop version - set up to do mail merges through Outlook. This is the 1st time I am trying it on this PC which is running Windows 10 and Outlook 2016.  I have the Word .adt file edited and when i go through the mail merge it crashes just as it starts to send. The windows come sup showing Sending 1 of 100 and then the whole thing crashes without any error. 

I have had no issues doing mail merges in the past but this is the 1st time I am trying it with Windows 10 and Outlook 2016.

Re: ACT crashing at mail merge

Hi topaz99,

Would you be able to provide full builds of Act! and Outlook, you can find these from 'Help > About Act' and 'File > Office Account > About Office' and provide what will look like: 'Microsoft® Outlook® 2016 MSO (16.0.4549.1000) 32-bit' 

This maybe due to an update on Office and an update will be required to Act.

I would be happy to provide the download links but would like to be sure I send the correct links.

Copper Contributor

Act! Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 6

Microsoft Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.8431.2046) 32-bit

Thank you for providing the builds.

It would appear you are using a build of Outlook that is likely to encounter issues when integrating with Act. 

This is due to the rate that Microsoft are releasing new feature updates. While we are trying to keep up with them it update cycle leaves us little time for development and is why Microsoft and ourselves recommend being on the Deferred channel to allow more time between update.

I have included articles below which go into more detail.

KB 38580 - Microsoft Outlook synchronization is not working when using Act! with Outlook 2016

KB 38802 - Recommended Microsoft Office update channel settings when using Act! with Office 2016 or ...

Copper Contributor

ok, is there any eta on when it might be compatible or is there any place to check for updates

[ Edited ]

We are remaining compatible with the Deferred Channel of Outlook. While we will release updates to ensure we keep compatibility.

You are presently on the most up to date version of V18  which has included fixes for the Deferred Channel (16.0.8201).

KB 36573 - What issues have been fixed in Act! updates?

At this time I do not believe we have any further updates intended for release at this time.

More information can be found in my previous post from the articles.