Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT complains that it is not latest version - but it is

ACT complains that it is not latest version - but it is

We have moved one colleague to a different computer. And now this person can't log into our database anymore. A popup says:" This database has been updated to work with a more current version of ACT. You must update your copy of ACT in order to log in to this database. Do you want to check for updates now?". The problem is: This is the latest version. And if we click "yes", we want to update, ACT confirms that we already use the most recent version. Does anyone know how to solve this vicious circle? Thanks for any hint! Uwe.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT complains that it is not latest version - but it is

ESTIF,

It would help to know which version of Act! you are using as each version handles things differently.

MrWright

Dear MrWright, we use "ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1". Thank you for trying to help us with this nasty problem. Best regards, Uwe Trenkner.

Copper Elite Contributor

My only other suggestion at this point would be to try uinstalling Act! using the Actunisntaller program.  You can find it here: Answer ID 19338, How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file.

MrWright

I have the same problem and provide more details.  Did this matter get resolved and if so how? 

A company I support have an Act! Premium 2008 database running on SBS 2003, which is accessed from a couple of desktops in the Office and a number of laptops remotely via VPN. The remote 'people' run a remote database and synchronise. The local people access the database through the network.

The two office machines (running XP Pro) are being replaced by Vista Business machines. And I have a problem ....

Having installed the application and trying to open the database directly via the network from the new machines I get the following error:

"This database has been updated to work witha more current version of ACT! You must update your copy of ACT! in order to log-in to this database. Do you want to check for updates now?"

However I get a message in the bottom right of the screen in a yellow box - "You already have the latest version of ACT!"

When I previously came across this error with an office based laptop we changed the database to a remote one. It seems wrong to do this for office based PC's.

Has someone got the answer to this please?

We noticed that in fact the version on the machine in question was actually not the latest version: The update mechanism seems to be strangely unaware of little updates provided by ACT and says it is uptodate even if newer versions are available. As the software said "latest version" I had assumed it was the same latest version we used on other machines. Now: Go to the support section of the act.com and download the update manually. After installing it, everything worked for us. Good luck, Uwe Trenkner.