Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT can't find data base

ACT can't find data base

When I boot my win 7 machine, ACT sends an error message that it cant find it's data base.  Even after I lead it to the location no go??  I have to restore to a previous point to use ACT.  Any ideas?  Also, how do I end any interaction with ACt and outlook as it is just plain problematic??

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT can't find data base

You could try and right click on the ACT icon and choose "run as administrator". If this works you may find that there is a problem with installation and a reinstall might be in order

to end the act/outlook sync go into the preferences and select the email tab and change the settings

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Paul,

Thank you for your kind reply.  I don't know of the Icon the you speak of.  There is no ACT incon on my screen when the program is running?

Platinum Super Contributor

Can you provide the exact error message you are receiving?

Is the database located on your computer, or is it hosted on another computer?

Your issue could be from the SQL service not running, or a change to the computer environment (such as computer name change or windows username change) - it will be easier to troubleshoot with the error message.

Greg Martin
Sage

Greg,

The database ******** could not be accessed.  In order to access this database check your network connection and verify that your database sever is available.  It may be nesessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server.

I would also like to know how to disable any interaction between ACT and OUTLOOK.

Copper Super Contributor

Hi bj,

You can try out this KB article, it's got everything you might need. I would suggest finding where your databse is, deleting the pad file, and opening it via the ADF file first. Also check if your SQL service is running.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19640/