Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! by Sage premium 2010 and GroupWise 8

ACT! by Sage premium 2010 and GroupWise 8

Good morning,

I would like to know if anyone has been experienced issues with GroupWise crashing after the use of ACT! by Sage.  It seems like I will uninstall and reinstall GroupWise and as soon as I start using ACT! again my groupwise starts crashing again intermittently.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: ACT! by Sage premium 2010 and GroupWise 8

bump

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Paul,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If Groupwise is crashing after using ACT!, then there is probably some type of conflict. If they are both trying to access another application, such as SQL Server, Outlook, or Word then this could be the cause.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Is there a way in ACT! to stop them from trying to pull all of those?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

These are just some possible suggestions. ACT! requires SQL Server in order to open and manage the database, so you would not be able to use the program with a local database if you disabled to connection SQL.

The integrations with Word and Outlook are key functions in the program, but can be disabled if needed. Just disable the ACT! add-ins from within Word and Outlook to see if this is the issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.