Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT by Sage Database Recovery without backup

ACT by Sage Database Recovery without backup

Hello,

There has been a failure in backing up the ACT 2007 database manually via ACT itself and then database has now failed however we had a automatic data backup being carried out every week therefore we have a copy of the main ACT folders and its content, I would very much appreciate if you can confirm how we can use the copy of the folders to bring the database back to life again.

I fully understand that we would have been able to restore the database if we made a backup via ACT however this has not been done in this particular setup however we have last weeks backup for all the data files.

If you require any further information please ask, thank you.

P.S. I’m certain this has been answered before however not been able to trace it.

Many thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT by Sage Database Recovery without backup

If you have both the ADF and the ALF, you should be able to recover it unless those files have been damaged.

For some tips on backing up, see:  http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/09/automating-backups-for-act-by-sage.html

Hi and thank you Mike, Yes we have these files however not certain about the steps to take in order to put the database back to life again, if you know these steps I would very much appreciate it if you kindly forward me a brief overview of them.

Regarding the backup link with info on automated backup; fantastic information and thank you for that, will try it once the database is back ON again.

I look forward in hearing back from you.

Regards

Nami

Platinum Elite Contributor

Basically, you need to have the ADFF and ALF in the same folder and the database supplemental files folder there also.

Do not put the PAD file there. It will be re-created.

Then, in ACT! - File | Open

Change the File Type to ADF

Select the folder and open the ADF file