Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! by Sage Calendar inquiry

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT! by Sage Calendar inquiry

We recently upgraded our ACT!  Our monthly calendar view has now COMPLETELY changed.  Our previous version displayed the contact we were scheduling with.  Then what it was reguarding.  It now displays who we're scheduling for, the the company name, then the contact.  This makes it impossible to quick view the monthly calendar. 

The other issue we're having is instead of just listing the daily events in order of time along the side of the calendar display, it lists the indivdual persons name.  You have to click on it before you can view what they are doing. 

There's nothing in the help menu about this- only how to filter people out of the calendar.  I need to change how it looks- not only who's on the calendar.

My question is, how do I customize this? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sautter25
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT! by Sage Calendar inquiry

We have an add-on called Calendar View Plus for ACT! that can add any contact field onto the calendar. We also support printing features like word-wrapping when printing appointments with many fields.

You can check it our here: http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsCalendarViewPlus.aspx

thanks

-- jim durkin

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

The view you are seeing now is the current view for new versions of ACT!.  There are some options for customizing the calendar view under Tool/Preferences/Calendar & Scheduling/Calendar Preferences.  The new calendar view (when viewing for multiple users) will display the user that the activity is scheduled for first and will also be divided by user in the right-hand pane; this is so that the current user can distinguish their activities from those of the other users.  This is by design and cannot be changed with the program.

If you would like to request a feature change or addition to the program for an update or future release, please let our developers know by submitting a Feature Request.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Is there any way to get the "regarding" to show up on the calendar at least... it doesn't show up in week view either. 

For example, every time I want to know why there's a I have a reminder for myself I have to actually click the reminder to find out what it's for.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Sautter25
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

We have an add-on called Calendar View Plus for ACT! that can add any contact field onto the calendar. We also support printing features like word-wrapping when printing appointments with many fields.

You can check it our here: http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsCalendarViewPlus.aspx

thanks

-- jim durkin

Copper Contributor

Has this been fixed yet?  I just purchased ACT and have realized that the calendar monthly view is really not usable at all - because I can't find out how to show the 'regarding' information. With a typically busy calendar, I need to hold the mouse over every single item to see what it is. (and then write it out on a old paper calendar) I'm assuming there must be a fix for this - or does everyone export there calendar to Outlook so they can see their schedule? The only work around I've found so fa is to remove the contact link for every meeting (an link it to myself) - this has obvious limitations though!  I'm assuming there must be a setting somewhere to show your activities on your calendar (as opposed to who you are doing activities with) ?
===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================

Hello kenwiens,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. The Daily and the Work Week views will display the "Regarding" info. In the Monthly and Weekly views, if you click the day of the week, then that days activities will display on the left and include the "Regarding" info as well. This is the way the current calendar view is designed. If you have some suggestions for improvements to the calendar design, please post them on the Share Your Ideas board in this forum.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Clicking on each day though is no better - I still can't look at the entire month and see all of my activities at once.  To view my activities for a month I need to click 30 times (and of course be able to remember what I saw in every cell)Smiley Wink 

I have now heard twice that this is the way it was designed.  I have also talked to a number of ACT users about this and the response I get is some variation on:  "yes - the monthly calendar view is rather useless - you need to buy an addon to work around the act bug.  It was broken a few versions ago and they haven't fixed it yet".  I can look at my calendar and see that I am meeting with "Bob Smith" 18 times this month and 3 times on Tuesday.  Without a lot of effort I can't tell which ones are meetings, lunches, presentations etc; without the times, I can't easily find gaps in my month to insert other activities.  I don't think I'm asking a lot to be able to see my "month at a glance" type of view.

Surely there must be a setting to let me configure the calendar to be like the calendars in Goldmine or Outlook (or any other calendar).  For example, in Goldmine, the text of an event is completely configurable, I have it set to show me " start time: persons name: activity description".  If this is too big for the line I can configure if it wraps or which elements to shorten.  Looks like I will need to buy the addon package - but it irks me to have to pay extra for what should be basic fundamental functionality.

I have submitted a suggested fix to ACT.  I'll be interested in seeing what happens.  I notice that over 1700 people have read the initial query in this thread - so I assume there is a lot of interest in getting this fixed.

===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================

You may want to look at the Task List as an option for viewing maximum detail for your activities. You can add whatever activity fields you would like to display, use activity type filters, and use custom or pre-defined date filters.

Greig Hollister

I agree with kenwiens.  This stinks!  That is basic calendaring functionality!

I don't usually post in forums, but this is really frustrating me.

So lame... I'm just starting to try to use the calendar... Useless... and Sage seems to be ignoring this issue. It appears they don't use their own software.

And, to top it off, this thread is marked as "Solved". It is not solved. It does not provide useful information like every other calendar I've ever used.

Derek