Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0 - Calendar Problems

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0 - Calendar Problems

When I go to my calendar,  the only thing I see is the mini monthy view on the top.  The detailed calendars for daily,  weekly and monthly are not visible. I have the latest version of ACT by Sage and am operating on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  Help ?   My calendar view is critical to my day to day existence. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harleydude
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0 - Calendar Problems

Ah...Windows 7 Pro and ACT! by Sage 2010 present a different twist but persistance paid off.   Close the ACT program. 

The key was to run ACTDIAG and delete the preferences,  then go to Windows Explorer and way down in the list of file folders is located a User file folder.  In it is "your file folder",  then and AppData folder.  then a Roaming folder, then an ACT folder,  then an ACT for Windows 12 folder.  Whew...finally found it...

There were multiple "preference  xml" files.  Each one needed to be renamed by adding "old" to the end of the file name. 

Then close Windows Explorer. ( For safety sake I rebooted my computer.  Not sure if this was needed. )

After rebooting, I opened ACT.   The ACT Set Up Assistant came up.   I chose not to create or convert a database since I already had one in existence and just clicked NEXT . ACT had me select some email and word processor preferences.  I then opened my existing database which the program had me locate.

Once the database was opened,  I clicked the Calendar and BINGO...there it was !    Problem solved  but what a pain !

View solution in original post

All Replies

I did check the Knowledgebase and followed the instruction to run actdiag and delete my preferences.  I checked the resolution and it is 96 dpi.  I have rebooted and run the whole process again.  Still no visual on the daily, weekly or monthly calendar.  Only the mini calendars along the top of the screen.  ARGH !
Platinum Super Contributor

There are times that resetting the Preferences through the Actdiag screen doesn't actually remove the Preference files.  You'll need to use the 'Manually Delete Preferences' section of that Knowledgebase article.

Here is the link for convenience: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2104...

Greg Martin
Sage

Greg,

The manual removal is where things fall apart for me.  The instruction lists everything up to ACT 9 and appears to be XP / Vista oriented.  I have ACT 2010 and am operating on Windows 7 Pro.  I literally cannot find the C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Name>\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows 11
or For Vista: C:\Users\<User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows 11

I was able to find an ACT for Windows 12 file folder in My Documents but no evidence of a xml file.   I did look under the Program Files and found an ACT for Windows file in an ACT folder.  In scrolling down I located a Preferences XML file. 

Can you provide any advice for this ACT 2010 user with Windows 7 Pro ? 

Solution
Accepted by topic author Harleydude
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Ah...Windows 7 Pro and ACT! by Sage 2010 present a different twist but persistance paid off.   Close the ACT program. 

The key was to run ACTDIAG and delete the preferences,  then go to Windows Explorer and way down in the list of file folders is located a User file folder.  In it is "your file folder",  then and AppData folder.  then a Roaming folder, then an ACT folder,  then an ACT for Windows 12 folder.  Whew...finally found it...

There were multiple "preference  xml" files.  Each one needed to be renamed by adding "old" to the end of the file name. 

Then close Windows Explorer. ( For safety sake I rebooted my computer.  Not sure if this was needed. )

After rebooting, I opened ACT.   The ACT Set Up Assistant came up.   I chose not to create or convert a database since I already had one in existence and just clicked NEXT . ACT had me select some email and word processor preferences.  I then opened my existing database which the program had me locate.

Once the database was opened,  I clicked the Calendar and BINGO...there it was !    Problem solved  but what a pain !

THANK YOU for this solution...it worked GREAT!! It was a GIANT pain in the patooch though!! Would love to know why the calendar changed to the mini-calendar at 2030??