Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! by Sage 2010 Syncing Error

ACT! by Sage 2010 Syncing Error

I have been unable to sync with my remote user for a couple weeks and I have tried just about everything to move past this one single error message.  The message says "ACT! is unable to connect to the sync server.  Check to be sure "accept incoming sync" is enabled in the main database and that the Network sync service is running.  Also be sure you are connected to your network.  Contact your administrator for assistance." 

I have tried putting in the TCP and UDP port numbers on both computers Windows Firewalls that are listed on the Knowledgebase page.  I have also checked to make sure that the sync port is correct on the two computers.  Both of the versions have been updated to ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 4.  I am running out of ideas on how to resolve this issue, and would appreciate any helpful hints!

Re: ACT! by Sage 2010 Syncing Error

I was trying to reinstall the Network Sync System but it seems that when ACT was purchased for the office it was done online and downloaded, so I do not have a CD to finish the set-up and installation as described in the Knowledgebase.  I was wondering how would I go about upgrading an d installing the new version of the Network Sync System. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello bpekkala,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. You can obtain the latest version of the 2010 Network Sync service via the instructions in KB Article 25930

Before installing this service, I would also advise updating the version of ACT! on both machines to SP1 and then appling Hot Fix 2.

Applying 2010 SP1: KB Article 25927

Applying Hot Fix 2 for SP1(after applying SP1): KB Article 25996

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Ok so since I have already updated to Hotfix 4 on each of the computers (approx a week ago) do I still need to go back to Hotfix 2?  Can I install the SP1 even though I am updated up to Hotfix 4?

Platinum Elite Contributor

This may be a little confusing, but Hot Fix 4 is for the 12.0 build of ACT! 2010, which is what you are on now. Hot Fix 2 is for the higher 12.1 build, which is the build you will be on once you apply the SP1 update. So yes, you will need Hot Fix 2 after you update to 12.1 (SP1).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Ok so I have put the SP1 update and the Hotfix 2 update on both of the networked computers.  And I updated the network sync services on the admin computer and it's still not working.  Any other ideas?

I still have been unsuccessful in syncing the admin computer with my remote user computer.  I still am getting the same error message from my first post.  I have updated the network sync service on the admin computer and I also updated both computers to SP1 and Hotfix 2.  I have checked to make sure that they both are running on the same version of ACT! and they both say ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 2 in the about ACT! section.  I have checked to make sure that the Accept Incoming Syncs is checked in the Tool bar on the admin computer.  I have run out of ideas on how to get these two computers to sync.  Do you have anymore ideas on how to get this error message from popping up on the remote user computer so that ACT! can sync?