Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! by Sage 2009 taking 29 seconds to clear my activity after hitting ok button

ACT! by Sage 2009 taking 29 seconds to clear my activity after hitting ok button

I have ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0. Since switching to this newer version I have found that it takes exactly 29 seconds after hitting the Ok button to clear the activity. I previous versions when I hit ok it cleared almost immediatly.

Why am I having to wait so long now? HELP!!!!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! by Sage 2009 taking 29 seconds to clear my activity after hitting ok button

Create a new record. Create a meeting with the record. Go to the calendar where the meeting appears and close the activity from there. Is that faster?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! by Sage 2009 taking 29 seconds to clear my activity after hitting ok button

It's possible that you may be affected by a recently discovered Microsoft bug that affects the ACT! calendar. Here is the link to the Microsoft KB regarding their fix..    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960417
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello,

Do you get the same performance issue while in the demo database?  I'm suspecting you have a large amount of activities and its causing 'lag' when clicking Ok.  You can try running database maintenance, specifically fix known activity data issues and reindex.

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

I too am having this problem.  I have tried all the suggestions they work for aobut 5 minutes then it goes back to taking forever to clear an activity.  It really is cutting down on my production.  I use the same ACT on another older slower computer and have no problems clearing it on that one but do not have that one synced with Outlook/  Could having ACT synced with Outlook cause the problem of taking so long to clear activities?  It also takes a long time to pull up my task list!